Healthy Workers are More Productive
- Healthy people took 9 times fewer sick days than those with poor health
- The healthiest people were nearly 3 times more productive at work than those with poorer heath (Australasian Business Intelligence)
- Fit people make 60% fewer errors on work involving concentration and short-term memory (Swedish researcher)
- Vigorous exercise (such as cycling to work) improved mental alertness and productivity for four to five hours afterwards (New England Journal of Medicine)
- Just 3 hours of bicycling per week can reduce a person's risk of heart disease and stroke by 50% (League of American Bicyclists)
- People who exercised as infrequently as once a week reduced their average number of sick days in half-from the previous year (Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine)
- Bringing bike share to your property is a great way to engage employees who don’t already include exercise as part of their daily routine.